go
Home /Project Gallery /Historic and Listed Buildings /Bentley Priory, Stanmore
Client : City & Country
Duration : 12 months
Description

Bentley Priory includes a Grade II listed 18th Century Mansion House, adjoining historic buildings and Italian Gardens. Originally built in 1766, Bentley Priory was extended in 1788 by Sir John Soane for John Hamilton, 1st Marquess of Abercorn. The priory was the final home of the Dowager Queen Adelaide, queen consort of William IV, before her death there in 1849. It subsequently served as a hotel and girls' school before being acquired by the Royal Air Force in 1926. Bentley Priory was a working RAF base until 2008. The site has been developed by City & Country into the new homes and museum.

Barwin completed extensive masonry repairs to this Grade II listed building. We also carried out stucco restoration, lime wash, external decoration, decorative coatings and DOFF system cleaning of the external facades.